Agent confirms Barcelona move for Man Utd £75,000 a-week star

Agent of Man Utd star Victor Lindelof ha confirmed that Barcelona were interested in securing the services of the defender from the Red Devils during the summer transfer window.

The Swedish international star was one of the Red Devils best players last campaign, scoring one goal in 40 games across all competitions, but he was the only impressive player for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s defensive end.

Speaking to Sport Bladet, Hasan Cetinkaya revealed that the Catalan club stepped up their interest in the 25-year-old  defender after Juventus managed to lure Matthijs de Ligt at Allianz Stadium.

Cetinkaya said: “He’s one of the best centre-backs on his feet and Barcelona wanted him. That was it. I can talk openly about that now.

“They contacted Ed Woodward multiples times with concrete offers. I met with their head of transfers Matt Judge to try and get a deal through.

“But they said ‘There is no way. Victor is one of our best players’.”

The Swedish international has been an ever-present for the Red Devils in the English top-tier this campaign and earlier this month signed a new contract to keep him at Old Trafford until 2024as the 20-times English champions feared that Barcelona would revive their interest in January.

Meanwhile, Man Utd have signed Harry Maguire in the summer and Lindelof alongside with the giants Englishman looks to be a solid backline for the Red Devils.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Manchester United 'consider January move' for Edinson Cavani and more transfer rumours

Mon Oct 21 , 2019
Share on Facebook Tweet it Share on Google Pin it Share it Email All the latest Manchester United transfer rumours and gossip including an update on the search for a new striker. Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to sign a striker in the January transfer window and Paris-Saint Germain forward […]